Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- 225g butter, room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 300g caster sugar
- 6 extra-large eggs (60g each)
- 350g gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200g blueberries
- 150g gluten-free plain flour
- 100g cold butter, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 100g Carman's Almond & Maple Gluten Free Muesli
- icing sugar to serve
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Serves: makes 12 large muffins
- To make crumble, combine all ingredients (including the Almond Maple Gluten Free Muesli) in a bowl and use clean fingers to rub the butter into the mixture, until there are no large chunks of butter and the flour resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan). Grease a jumbo muffin tin with butter.
- Use a stand mixer or handheld beater to beat butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking each one in with a tablespoon of the flour. Use a spatula to fold in the remaining flour and bicarbonate of soda, then gently fold in yoghurt, vanilla bean paste and blueberries until combined.
- Divide half the mixture evenly between the holes of the muffin pan. Sprinkle the tops of each with a generous tablespoon of the crumble mixture. Bake for 25-20 mins until light golden in colour and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 mins before turning out and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Clean muffin tin, grease with butter then repeat with remaining batter and crumble.
- Lightly dust cooled muffins with icing sugar to serve.
More Delicious Recipes
- Just made the first (of what will be many) batch of these beautiful muffins, using my home grown blueberries 😊 But even without the benefit of my blueberries, the muffins are lovely, with the batter cooking up light and very yummy contrasting well with the crunch of the crumble. 👍 – Kerrie
Write a Reply or Comment