- 500g Kent pumpkin, skin on, seeds removed and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tbspn olive oil, plus extra for coating pumpkin
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 sachets Natural 5 Grain & Super Seed Porridge
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Pesto and basil leaves, to serve
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Serves: 2
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease 2 large baking trays and line with baking paper.
- Coat the pumpkin with olive oil and place upright on one of the trays. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender and edges are slightly charred.
- Place tomatoes on remaining second tray and roast in the last 10 minutes of pumpkin cooking time, until slightly blistered.
- Transfer half the pumpkin into a bowl and mash after removing skin.
- While the pumpkin and tomatoes are roasting, heat 1 tbspn oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until golden. Add oats, stir to coat, then add vegetable stock and bring to low simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Add mashed pumpkin and 1 cup (250ml) boiling water to oats and stir through.
- Pour porridge into bowls, top with tomatoes and pumpkin. Scatter with pesto and basil leaves.
Sprinkle with crunchy flaxseeds and linseeds!