Chai Infused Bircher
- 9 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 500g Carman's Natural Bircher Muesli
- 1kg natural yoghurt
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated
- to taste, honey
- 50g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 bananas, peeled & sliced
- 1 cup pecans
- 50g butter
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Serves: 11
- Place cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer slowly for 5-8 minutes or until flavours develop.
- Stir milk and honey through and set aside to cool.
- Combine Natural Bircher Muesli and remaining ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour in the chai infused milk and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the caramelised bananas & pecans, heat the brown sugar, vanilla essence and hot water in a pan until it forms a thick caramel.
- Add the banana and pecans to the pan and shake to coat.
- Add the butter to the banana and pecan mixture and heat for a further 2 mins.
- Top the chai infused bircher with the caramelised bananas and pecans.
Write a Reply or Comment