Broad Bean Hummus with Crackers
- 270g broad beans (podded) – fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, cooked in boiling water for 3 minutes or until soft
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 10 mint leaves
- 3 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- Generous pinch of salt
- Carman's Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Super Seed & Grain Crackers, to serve
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- Cook broad beans in boiling water for 3 – 5 minutes (if fresh, shorter for frozen) or until soft.
- Strain the beans and then cool under cold water.
- Squeeze the bean from its skin (if broad beans are fresh.)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz to a desired consistency. Add water if the mixture is too thick.
- Serve with Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
Write a Reply or Comment