Beetroot, Sage and Taleggio Dip
- 20 sage leaves
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 850g tin baby beetroots, drained
- 400g tin butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 85g taleggio cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to serve
- black salt flakes, to serve
- Carman’s Rosemary & Sea Salt Super Seed & Grain Crackers to serve
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 6-8 as a snack
- Heat oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Add sage leaves, frying 1-2 mins until crispy. Remove half the sage leaves and drain on paper towel (these will be used to decorate the dip). Add garlic to the pan with remaining sage leaves and fry for an extra 1 minute. Set aside.
- Combine drained beetroots, butter beans, taleggio and lemon juice in a food processor. Add the oil, sage leaves and garlic from the pan. Blitz to a coarse paste, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon into a bowl. Top with reserved crispy sage leaves and crumbled extra taleggio cheese. Sprinkle with black sea salt flakes to finish, if using.
- Serve with Carman’s Rosemary & Sea Salt Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
This dip pairs perfectly with our Rosemary & Sea Salt Super Seed & Grain Crackers
Write a Reply or Comment