Baked Ricotta with Super Seed & Grain Crackers
- 500g firm ricotta
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red birds eye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preparation time: 60 min (plus 2 hours to drain the liquid from ricotta)
- Cooking time: 50 min
- Serves: 6 - 8 as a snack
- Line a sieve with muslin cloth (or clean Chux cloth) and place over a bowl. Spoon the ricotta into the sieve and refrigerate at least two hours to strain the liquid. Discard liquid.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (170ºC fan). Press the strained ricotta firmly into a small, ovenproof dish. Smooth the surface.
- In a small bowl combine oil, chilli, thyme and lemon zest. Season generously then spoon over the surface of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins then reduce heat to 160ºC (140ºC fan) and bake for a further 30 mins until light golden.
- Serve warm with your favourite flavour of Carman’s Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
You will need to prepare this recipe at least three hours before serving.
Write a Reply or Comment